8.1 Delivery costs
Delivery to our customers in Northern Ireland will involve two person delivery and shall be free of charge when to a ground floor room of choice.
Delivery of oversized Products such as American Fridge Freezers to our customers in Northern Ireland may incur an additional charge for door removal and re-fitting.
Delivery of oversized Products upstairs (maximum one flight) will be quoted separately, being subject to the size and weight of the appliance. Please note a survey may be required prior to delivery. Please enquire with our sales team to confirm these costs by emailing [email protected].
Republic of Ireland and Mainland UK
For all customers in the Republic of Ireland and mainland UK standard kerbside delivery is free of charge. We deliver items such as washing machines, cookers, ovens, fridge freezers and range cookers to the kerbside or nearest point of entry of your delivery address. Should our customers in the Republic of Ireland and mainland Great Britain wish to have an “in home” delivery service, this will incur an additional cost. You will be advised of this cost before you submit your order online, over the telephone or at our check out in store.
Delivery to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man (“Remote UK Locations”) or remote islands off the cost of the Republic of Ireland, such as Clare Island (“Remote ROI Locations”) may incur additional charges, as will be notified before you submit your order online, over the telephone or at our check out in store. In the event of the charges not being displayed at checkout you will be contacted by the dispatch team with a quote for delivery.
8.2 When is delivery complete?
Any Products ordered will be delivered to the address specified by you at the time of your order.
When delivery is made via a one-person delivery service, delivery will be complete when the Products is off-loaded form the vehicle onto a pallet and wheeled to the nearest point of access (kerb side delivery).
When an “in room” delivery is requested, delivery will be complete when the Products are offloaded and situated within the ground floor room of choice. We do not offer the service of carrying large or heavy Products upstairs. Any lifting or carrying is at the driver's discretion will only be an option with the two person delivery service.
A valid signature is required upon delivery; at this point you will become responsible for the Products.
8.3 What if the delivery is incorrect?
Please take care in reviewing the Products upon delivery to ensure that they correlate with your order. If there is an incorrect Product or shortage, please make a note of same on the driver’s delivery note at the time of signing and where this is not possible, report the issue to us as soon as possible after delivery by e-mailing us on [email protected] or contacting us by telephone or in store at those details appearing at clause 2.2 above.
8.4 Delivery timeframes
We aim to deliver the Products to you within the following timeframes after the issue of our order acceptance:
- Northern Ireland – within 2-3 working days
- Republic of Ireland – within 5-7 working days
- Mainland Great Britain – within 7-10 working days
- Remote UK Locations – 14-17 working days
- Remote ROI Locations –10-12 working days.
Any Products identified as sold on behalf of Euronics are not available for delivery to the Republic of Ireland.
We will always do our best to always meet our delivery times, but at times deliveries may take a little longer, particularly around busy periods such as sales and public holidays.
Unfortunately on occasion we may realise that a Products are out of stock after we accept your order. Should this happen, we will contact you immediately with an estimated delivery time and should this time be unsatisfactory we will offer you a full refund.
8.5 Helpful information to ensure efficient deliveries
In order to ensure a quick and safe delivery every time, it is recommended that you make us aware of any special requirements or site related restrictions that may hinder our delivery drivers by emailing us at [email protected]. This can include steps, narrow doorways, soft path ways, road access, etc. We reserve the right to refuse delivery where, in our delivery driver’s opinion, it would put our staff at risk. Failure to inform us of special requirements will be a failed delivery and you will be charged for a second delivery if necessary.
8.6 Collection by you
If you have asked to collect the Products from our premises, please allow a minimum of 24hrs to have the Products moved from our warehouse to our retail stores for collection. You can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9am to 5:30pm on weekdays and Saturdays (excluding public holidays in Northern Ireland).
Alternatively collection of Products form our warehouses can take place between 9:30am – 4:30pm on weekdays and 9:30am – 4pm on Saturdays, subject to 24hrs notice being provided.
Where reasonable we will try to facilitate a collection even if the 24hr notice period has not passed.
All orders selected for collection in store or from our warehouse must be collected within 7 working days of notification that they are ready. Unless otherwise agreed with you when you place your order, if the Products are not collected within this timeframe, we shall cancel the order and issue you a full refund.
8.7 If you are not home when the Products are delivered
We cannot store Products in the warehouse indefinitely and so they will be delivered as soon as the ordered Product is ready to be dispatched.
If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the Products cannot be posted through your letterbox, the following will occur:
- Northern Ireland deliveries - we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from one of our stores or warehouse.
- Mainland UK, Republic of Ireland, UK Remote Locations and ROI Remote Locations – delivery is provided via a courier service and you must arrange any second attempt for delivery directly with the courier, which will incur an additional charge at cost.
8.8 If you do not re-arrange delivery
If you do not collect the Products from us in accordance with clause 8.6, or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract with you.
9.1 Returns for Products ordered online or by phone
We want you to be happy with your Products from Donaghy Bros and if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please note below information about our returns and after sales service.
If you have bought your Product online or by phone and would like to return it because you have changed your mind, we are happy to exchange or refund your item if it is within 14 calendar days from the day of delivery.
- Following The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations, we will accept items back even if you have opened the Products to inspect them.
- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within the above time frames and you have proof of purchase (receipt or delivery note).
- The Products must be in ‘as new’ condition and returned in the original, undamaged packaging along with any accessories and free gifts received with them.
- You can examine the Products as you would in a shop but, to obtain a full refund, you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. Whilst the Products are in your possession you must take reasonable care of them.
Please note, this right to change your mind shall not extend to Products which are sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes such as headphones or wireless ear buds or Products which have been made to your specification and personalised as directed by you.
Special Orders are orders for Products which are not core stock items, which are ordered specifically at your request from our manufacturers. Generally Special Orders are non-returnable, however in some cases manufacturers may accept a return on a Special Order. Accepted returns will incur a re-stocking charge ranging from 15%-50% of the cost of the Special Order, subject to the manufacturers terms. If you have any questions regarding the opportunity to return a Special Order please contact us prior to purchase for any clarification.
9.2 Changing your mind in respect of Products purchased in store
Changing your mind before you receive the Products purchased in store
Should you change your mind about the Products you have purchased in store, you can cancel your order up to 30 days after you have placed same so long as it has not been dispatched to your delivery address within such 30 day period. Please notify us of your desire to cancel your order by emailing [email protected]. Thereafter we shall arrange your refund.
Changing your mind after you receive your Products purchased in store
In the event that you have received your Products purchased in store and you change your mind, you can return the Products to us within 30 days of receipt of them so long as they meet the conditions set out at clause 9.3. If the Products are not returned within this time period, you cannot avail of a refund.
The right to return any in store purchases within 30 days of receipt will not extend to any Products which are “On sale”, “Special Offer”, “Discounted” or “Display” (please note display models may have minor imperfections).
Please note, this right to return shall not extend to Products which are sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes such as headphones or wireless ear buds, or Products which have been made to your specification and personalised as directed by you.
All cook shop products, such as glassware and non-electrical kitchen utensils can be returned for a credit note only.
9.3 How do I return my Product?
There are several ways you can contact us and arrange a return of your Product should you change your mind as set out at clauses 9.1 and clause 9.2:
- Over the phone: You can also arrange a return, product collection, refund, exchange, or repair, by calling us on +44 (0) 28 295 40001;
- Email: Please contact our returns team by emailing [email protected], who shall handle all enquiries in respect of how to return your Products. You must provide proof of purchase, be that a receipt from our store or online sales order to avail of a refund; or
The Products which you purchased must be returned to us in their original condition, in “as new” condition, accompanied by the original Product packaging and any accessories and a note of your order number and name. If the Products are devalued in any way, e.g., parts missing, we will not be able to accept the return. Please retain proof of dispatch. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to any Products during their being returned to us. In the interests of your own security, we recommend that you should dispatch the returned Products using a recorded / traceable / trackable delivery service and we recommend you retain your form of proof until you have received your refund from us. You shall be responsible for all delivery costs incurred with returning the Products to us.
When returning opened products to us, you should do so without undue delay and, in any event, not later than 30 days from the day on which you communicate to us your decision to cancel.
9.4 Faulty Products
We are under a duty to supply Products which are of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
If your Product is faulty and if it is within 7 working days from the day of delivery:
- Read the troubleshooting section of the product manual as it may be a common problem that can be easily resolved.
- Visit the product page on our UK website or our Irish website for additional expert support, downloads, manuals and advice.
- Call our Service department on 028 295 40001 and, depending on the Product, we may be able to take you through a telephone diagnostic to make sure it is not a problem that can be resolved quickly.
If the problem cannot be resolved:
- If the fault occurs within 30 days of purchase (or delivery or installation), we’ll always offer you either a repair, exchange or refund.
- Most Products come with at least a 1 year guarantee, so if your Product develops a fault after 30 days we’ll offer you either a repair or replacement.
- In the event of a replacement, the original product needs to be returned to our possession before a replacement is dispatched and delivered.
- In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the Product and verify the fault.
How do I return my Product?
There are several ways you can return your purchase if you find a fault:
- Over the phone: By calling our Service team on +44 (0) 28 295 40001 with your order number and delivery details to hand;
- Email: Please contact our returns team by emailing [email protected], who shall handle all enquiries in respect of how to return your Products; or
- Once we have determined there is a fault, we will then give you either a refund, exchange or offer you a repair of the Product.
- The customer will pay the cost of the return, once the fault is verified, we will refund the cost of the return. If the item is not faulty, we will arrange for the item to be returned to the customer. Donaghy Bros do not cover the cost of items being returned that are found to be in perfect working order.
- Replacement Products are sent by standard delivery.
How do I get a faulty Product repaired?
There are a couple of ways to get your faulty Product repaired:
- Phone: By calling our Service team on +44 (0) 28 295 40001 with your order reference number and delivery details to hand - we’ll resolve the fault by arranging the prompt collection and repair of your Product.
Your product is damaged on delivery - how do I return my product?
Phone: Please call our Service team within 48 hours on 028 295 40001 and we’ll arrange collection free of charge.
Exchange/Refund: We will then give you an exchange or full refund plus any delivery charge paid.
Refunds take 3-5 working days to be credited to a payment card.
THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. DETAILS OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM TRADING STANDARDS OR CITIZENS ADVICE CONSUMER SERVICE.
- OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
10.1 Liability that is not excluded
We do not exclude or limit our liability in any way in the following circumstances:
- where it would be unlawful to do so;
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that or our employees (if acting within the course of their employment), agents or suppliers (if carrying out the work which they were contracted to do);
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations under the applicable laws; or
- for breach of or your legal rights in relation to the Products including the right to receive the Products which are: as described; of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose made known to us; supplied with reasonable skill and care.
10.2 Exclusion of liability
Subject to clause 10.1, we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage in the following circumstances:
- loss or damage arising that is not foreseeable;
- any business losses such as loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of opportunity as the Products are supplied only for private use;
- any loss or damage to your property resulting in a fault on our part, such as but not limited to your use of the Product outside its purposes or any health and safety guidelines; or
- Events Outside Our Control (as described at clause 11 below).
We shall not be in breach of these Terms or otherwise liable for any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations is such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, epidemic or pandemic, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors (“Events Outside Our Control”). The time for performance of such obligations shall be extended accordingly.